We are currently recruiting wonderful people to join our great team of volunteers! The vast majority of
last year’s volunteers had such a fun time they are volunteering with us again! You can join in on the
fun because we still need more volunteers to make the event happen smoothly.
PLEASE CONSIDER VOLUNTEERING IN 2022!
The website at this link will detail the volunteer tasks and times we need to cover, and lead you through the process of signing up for your desired volunteer slot(s). If you don’t know what would be a good fit for you, or if you have other questions, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Kathleen Kane, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is a partial list of volunteer positions we need filled:
- Course Marking: We need people to mark the four different ride routes before the event.
- Safety Flaggers: We need teams of people stationed at key locations along the routes to waive flags alerting cyclists where to turn, or when it is safe to cross the street.
- Set-Up and Clean-Up:We need people to help with setting up the day before, and tearing down on Saturday evening.
- Rest Stops: We need teams of people to work at the five rest stops that will be set up along the ride routes.
- SAG (“Supply and Gear”): We need people to drive around the four ride routes and help riders in distress (such as flat tires or they need a ride back to the church), and to pick up stragglers.
- Food: We need people to make and serve food.
- Registration: We need a large team of people to assemble registration packets before the ride,and check in riders at either Friday night packet pick-up, or on Saturday morning. Registration people will also help with distributing jerseys to riders and will manage meal tickets for the gourmet lunch at the after party.
- Information Table: We need people on the day of the ride to check-in and provide support to the volunteers, provide general information during BBQ, and manage the storage and claim process for rider drop bags.
- Bicycle Parking: We need people to help with bicycle parking.
- Music: We need musicians to play at our after party; if you aren’t a musician perhaps you can help us locate musicians that are willing to donate their time and talents? We also need someone to “play DJ”; that can mean either actually being a DJ, or just creating a playlist for music to be playing on our sound system throughout the day.
- Marketing & Promotions: We need people to help promote the ride locally and beyond. We would love to get written up in the Press Democrat or other newspaper.
- Photos: We need photographers with high-powered cameras that can take fast action shots (cyclists move fast!) to take pictures of the event.
- Videographer: It would be great if someone could record and produce a video of the ride to use to promote the ride next year!
Our volunteers will enjoy a free, delicious BBQ luncheon at our after-ride party as our thanks!
If you can help, please sign up via the link above.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com.